Celebrate and rejoice, Americans…and keep your eyes open for violent leftists and islamists who hate you, your GOD, and your country. Libbies HATE this holiday! It’s been shown that viewing the U.S. flag, and parades, and all that rah-rah patriot stuff causes people to love their nation and lean toward conservative thoughts and positions. ( So does intelligence, independent thought, and normalcy)…Which is why they hate it! Be alert, aware, and safe while you thank GOD for this nation and our blessings and enjoy the sweet tears of the social justice warrior idiots…
Liberals hold their breath on July 4th and breathe easy on July 5th. They are afraid that a majority of Americans might actually read the Declaration and find out that our nation was founded on rebellion against tyranny — “For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent.”
On July 3, 1776, John Adams wrote the following to his wife Abigail:
The second day1 of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.2
Adams could not have foreseen that the principles of the Declaration are lost on the majority of Americans, and for that our elected officials are thankful.
Consider what Adams wanted us to celebrate: “It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty.” Deliverance from what?: tyrannical government edicts and the unbridled taxing power of the State.
Rep. Paul Ryan — on ABC’s This Week (July 1, 2012) — got it right when he criticized those who claim that healthcare is a right that comes from government:
“We disagree with the notion that our rights come from government, that the government can now grant us and define our rights. Those are ours, they come from nature and God, according to the Declaration of Independence — a huge difference in philosophy.”
Liberals – Democrats and Republicans alike — hate the idea that rights don’t come from them.
There are other principles in the Declaration that the majority of government officials don’t want voters to know about for fear that the people will rebel against them:
- “When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitles them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
- “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.”
- “That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.”
- “We, therefore, the Representatives of the United States of America, in general Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name and by the authority of the good people of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent States.”
- “And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”
Bonus: Just to Make Libbie Heads Explode…Man Plays Star Spangled Banner…with a Gun!