Good call, Guv…
BRIDGEPORT — The Bridgeport man accused of killing his girlfriend and sparking an Amber Alert when he took off with their 6-year-old daughter, was previously deported, immigration officials said.
“Oscar Obedio Hernandez, a citizen of El Salvador, was issued a Final Order of Removal by an immigration judge on Oct. 29, 2013,” said spokesman Shawn Neudauer. “He was removed from the United States by ICE officers in Hartford, CT on Nov. 27, 2013. He has prior felony convictions from 2002 for assault and threatening, as well as several misdemeanor convictions. ICE has placed an immigration detainer with the Bridgeport (Connecticut) Police Department.”
This was 2 days after the governor declared Connecticut a sanctuary state.
Connecticut’s governor has issued a memo to his state’s authorities, asking them not to abide by federal law regarding illegal immigrants, the Hartford Courant reported.
Gov. Dannel Malloy, chairman of the Democratic Governors Association, told both school and law enforcement officials they may disregard federal procedures for handling illegal immigrants, in the wake of a recent executive order.
Malloy instructed Connecticut officials not to give Immigration & Customs Enforcement agents access to schools or penitentiaries, and urged them to refrain from detaining illegal immigrants solely based on their immigration status.
Via: Weasel Zippers