- Six more men have been arrested in connection to a Bronx teen’s murder
- Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, 15, was beaten and stabbed to death outside a bodega last week
- On Monday, New York City officials announced that 19-year-old Kevin Alvarez had been booked on charges of murder, manslaughter and gang assault
- Shortly after, New Jersey officials said they had nabbed six more men
- Those men are Jose Muniz, 21; Jose Taverez, 21; Manuel Rivera, 18; Danel Fernandez, 21; Joniki Martinez, 24; and Santiago Rodriguez, 24
- A eighth person was picked up in the Dominican Republic but is cooperating with authorities and has not been charged yet
- The six men arrested in New Jersey were caught at a hangout spot popular with the Dominican gang believed to be behind the attack
- Police say the victim was killed as the result of a case of mistaken identity involving a sex tape
Horrific surveillance footage shows victim Lesandro Guzman-Feliz being dragged out of a convenience store and viciously slashed in the neck around 11:40pm last Wednesday.
Police said the killing was ‘a case of mistaken identity over a sex tape’ as Guzman-Feliz became involved in a dispute that turned fatal with the group of men.
CCTV video posted by Facebook user Riichy Rich Friday shows the pack of men forcibly dragging Guzman-Feliz by the hood of his jacket out of the bodega and frantically stabbing and slashing him with a machete before fleeing on foot.
After a few seconds, Guzman-Feliz was seen standing on the street corner with blood pouring from a wound in his neck.
He then was seen running across the street, heading towards the nearby St Barnabas Hospital.
According to police, the mortally wounded boy never reached the hospital and collapsed a block away.
Another extremely graphic video posted on social media by a different user, shows Guzman-Feliz drenched in blood from head to toe, sitting on the sidewalk with his back against the wall.
A woman then tries to apply pressure to his neck before police officers and paramedics surround him. Guzman-Feliz succumbed to his injuries at the scene.
Officers said with his dying breath, the 15-year-old asked for some water, according to ABC 7 New York.
The victim’s sister, Genesis Collado-Feliz, 17, said her younger brother loved playing video games and would come to her for advice about girls.
She said Lesandro had recently become friends with a group of older boys, but she insisted he was not in a gang.
‘He tried to run into the store because he thought he’d be safe. They dragged him from the store like a dog,’ Collado-Feliz told the New York Post. ‘They were grown men and he was only 15.’
Guzman-Feliz was a student at the Dr Richard Izquierdo Health and Science Charter School.
News 12 The Bronx reported that he had aspired to become a police detective.
Investigators said he had told his mother he was going to the bodega a block away from his house to either repay a debt, or lend $5 to a friend. He never made it home that night.